A Yummy Treat for Breastfeeding Mommas
5 Ingredient No-Bake Lactation Treats
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- (OPTIONAL) 1/2 cup ground or milled flaxseed
- (OPTIONAL) 3 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- in the large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except for the oats and chocolate chips. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until the mixture is well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the oats in small increments.
- Stir in chocolate chips in small increments.
- Roll mixture into 2-tablespoon sized smooth balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or enjoy right away.
- Once the bites have set, transfer them to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator/freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Note: Mixture can be pressed into an 8×8-inch baking dish and cut into bars, if desired.
Other optional add-ins: 1/2 chopped nuts (such as almonds or walnuts) and 1/2 cup dried fruit (strawberries, blueberries, ect)